One of the changes that will be strictly enforced and was recently adopted by the City Park Board, is the implementation of waivers which will release the City of Decatur from any liabilities associated with COVID-19. All patrons MUST have a signed waiver on file before entering the Decatur City Pool. Patrons under the age of 18 MUST have a signed waiver by a parent or legal guardian. Sign the electronic waiver by clicking here. Hard copies are also available at Riverside Center, the Decatur Public Library, or DCP upon opening. If you do not sign an electronic copy online, you must turn in a signed hard copy of the waiver to the Decatur City Pool, prior to entry. A .pdf of the waiver can be downloaded here.
Limited Pool Capacity
Current pool capacity is 100 patrons, (subject to change).
In order to allow for frequent sanitizing of our facility and allow more patrons to enter, our daily hours during the week will be separated into two paid sessions:
· Monday-Friday: 12-3pm (Session 1) and 4-7pm (Session 2).
· Sat-Sun 1-5pm (one session only).
Patrons who visit during the 12-3pm session have the option to get their hand stamped upon exiting. If pool capacity allows, these patrons will be able to reenter at 5pm without paying an additional admission fee. Any returning guest entering at 4pm will need to pay admission again.
Pool Entry fees
· $3 per person ages 2 and up.
· $20 for book of 10 pool coupons.
· No season passes will be offered this year.
· Everyone entering the facility must pay entry fee (even non-swimmers).
Daily Entry Reservations (OPTIONAL)
· To guarantee entry, we will accept a max of 50 daily prepaid reservations online through RecDesk. Click here to reserve a City Pool Admission day/time
· Payment for reservations is by credit card only and will incur a $2 processing fee per charge. Multiple reservations may be made per charge.
· Reservations are non-refundable (unless the pool session is cancelled prior to opening).
· Reservations MUST be used on the day/session reserved.
· Reservations for 12pm sessions must be made by 10am.
· Reservations for 4pm sessions must be made by 2pm.
· Reservations for weekends must be made by 11am.
CDC Guidelines and Policies
The pool facility will meet and exceed all current CDC guidelines for pool capacity, sanitizing, food handling, and mask wearing. In order to effectively adhere to social distancing guidelines, the following facility changes have been implemented:
· NEW ENTRANCE is at the concession stand gate off 5th street.
· NEW EXIT is through the bathhouse.
· No provided deck chairs or benches and limited picnic tables - patrons may bring their own chairs.
· Swim belts will be available, however no pool toys will be provided (pool noodles, kick boards, etc.).
· Limited concession stand offerings - patrons may bring own food and drink (no glass containers, no alcohol).
These policy and procedure changes have been implemented in order for the Decatur City Pool to be open this year. Please be patient and understanding as we work through these changes together.
Make a splash, cool off, and enjoy your summer at the Decatur City Pool! Our professional pool and lifeguard staff provide a fun and safe environment for you and your family. This 300,000 gallon facility features a diving board, two water slides, a kiddie pool, spray features, concession stand, and lots of chairs and shade to help you beat the heat. Jump in and see why the Decatur City Pool is one of the most popular summer destinations around! Did we mention there's free sunscreen!?!?
Decatur City Pool
315 W Maple St.
Decatur, IN 46733
Follow the Decatur City Pool Facebook page for news on special programs, hours, weather related cancellations, pictures, and much more!
2020 Opening Day: Tuesday, June 16th
M-Fri 12:00-3:00pm & 4:00-7:00pm
Sat - Sun 1:00-5:00pm
$3/person per day*
*All participants age 7 years and younger must be accompanied by a responsible person 13 years or older. Children 8 years and older may come alone. Children 0-2 are free with paying adult.
Swim on over to the Decatur City Pool for our popular evening aquatic exercise classes! Classes are held Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:15-8:15pm. Cost is $3 per person or 1 (one day) pool pass.
Swimming belts are available for purchase at the bathhouse for $12.75. Swim Diapers are also available for purchase for $2.25. Swimming Diapers must be worn by all infants who enter the pool. Ask about free pool toys available for use!
* One Day Pool Passes - 10 for $20.00
One Day Pool passes are a great way to save money on admission to any Parks and Recreation sponsored aquatic activity, including BHS Aquatic Class, lap swims, family open swims, and the Decatur City pool. Pool passes are sold at the City Pool, Aquatics & Lap swim programs, and Riverside Center.
* Individual Season Passes - $45 until June 14th ($50 after)
Enjoy unlimited access to Decatur City Pool all season long! More info below:
If customers can’t find it, it doesn’t exist. Clearly list and describe the services you offer. Also, be sure to showcase a premium service.
The Decatur City pool is available for private rental on most Saturdays and Sundays starting at 5:30p.m. The pool may be rented for 1 or 2 hours. Pool rental fees are paid by the rental party on the day of the rental at the city pool (cash or check).
$100 per hour 1-50 swimmers
$125 per hour 51-100 swimmers
$150 per hour 101-150 swimmers
$175 per hour 151-200 swimmers
for a complete list of City Pool rental fees and rules, download .pdf below
View our reservation calendar for available dates and reserve your private rental online!
(Sat, Sun) 1:00-4:30pm
Take a break from all of the fun in the sun and enjoy a wide variety of tasty snacks and refreshing beverages! The City Pool Concession Stand is available inside the gates at the City Pool AND outside the gates in Water Works Park.
Menu Items/prices Subject to Change